B.A. from Ewha Womenʼs University, M.A. and Ph.D. from Michigan State University
Research interests center on health risk communication. Current research agenda is to integrate theories of persuasion, media effect, and behavior change to inform and evaluate health risk communication programs.
- Evaluation of health/risk message effects on diverse audiences
- Examination of the influence of everyday media use on health/risk relevant beliefs and behaviors
- Development and evaluation of health communication campaigns
- Perceptions of risk, efficacy, and norms as they relate to health/risk behaviors
- Methodological issues in understanding audience beliefs and behaviors