Ph.D. in Business Administration, Fisher College of Business from Ohio State University, M.B.A. from Kent State University, and B.B.A in Management from University of Notre Dame.
Human/Technology Interaction, Employer/Employee Rights, Strategic human resources, Individuals as Self-Regulators
Risk managment, Policies, Laws
Consultant for Accenture (formerly Andersen Consulting)
Courtesy Faculty Appointment, Lincoln Leadership Institute, Gettysburg, PA
A list of publications (and vita) may be found at: https://www.krannert.purdue.edu/directory/bio.php?username=algeb
Dr. Brad Alge holds the position of Associate Professor of Management in the area of Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management at Purdue's Krannert School of Management where he has served since 1999. An award winning scholar and teacher, Dr. Alge teaches courses in organizational behavior and leadership at Purdue. His research focuses on leadership, organizational control, creative performance, social networking, and virtual/distance work. He has served on the editorial boards at the Academy of Management Review, Journal of Management, and Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes. Dr. Alge has over 20 years of experience helping companies to improve their business processes, organizational culture, and human capital.
Prior to academia, Dr. Alge was a consultant for Accenture. Dr. Alge is a proud member of the 1988 NCAA Division I National Champion Football Team at Notre Dame. Dr. Alge received his BBA from the University of Notre Dame, his MBA from Kent State University, and his PhD from The Ohio State University.
His research focuses on:
- Virtual Work; Technology's impact on individual and group attitudes and behaviors on the job
- Employer/employee rights (e.g., privacy, justice, ethics & corporate social responsibility)
- Leadership--particularly in the contexts of distance leadership and organizational control
- Organizational versus employee control
- Social Networks
- Creative Performance
Dr. Alge currently teaches in the full-time MBA, Weekend MBA, Executive MBA, and executive non-degree programs at Purdue's Krannert School of Management with a focus on:
- Organizational Behavior
- Change Management
Dr. Alge has provided his expertise and consultation to numerous organizations including:
- US Department of Defense
- US Department of Health and Human Services
- US Department of the Interior
- British Petroleum
- Evonik (Eli Lilly)
- Metropolitan Police Departments
- City Public Transportation Departments
- Victoria's Secret Catalogue/Limited Corp.
- Saint-Gobain Container (Ardaugh)
- INDOT (Indiana Department of Transportation)
- Numerous mid-size and small businesses