Bob Cheripka - Deloitte
Sep 13, 2017
Download: MP4 Video
Watch in your Browser
Watch on YouTube
This first portion of the presentation will explore the emerging cyber threats facing the industrial control systems network environments with a focused look at the Power & Utility industry. It will then discuss the challenges faces advanced technical testing (i.e., Attack & Penetration Testing and Red Teaming) within this environment. The first section concludes with a discussion of current testing approaches and in the face of the above challenges, why testing remains an important capability in this space.
The second portion of the presentation will present a proposed approach for performing Advanced Testing Services in this environment as well as discussing the legal and security implications of testing in this environment.
About the Speaker
Bob is a Senior Manager in Deloitte Advisory’s Cyber Risk Services and has been with the firm for over six years, coming to us with over 13 years of experience in Computer Network Defense Operations and over 5 years of Intelligence Operations, while working for the United States Army. Bob’s area of expertise is highly diversified and includes both technical and operational experience across the following areas:
• Attack and Penetration Testing (Including Network, Application, Wireless, Social Engineering, Red Teaming, and Physical Security)
• Security Maturity Assessments
• Public Key Infrastructure Program Implementation
• Cyber Watch Center Operations, Design, and Implementation
• Log Management and Security Information Event Monitoring (SIEM) Implementation and
• Crisis Action Team Design, Planning, Implementation, and Execution
• Cyber Threat Intelligence and Defense Program Development/Implementation.
Unless otherwise noted, the security seminar is held on Wednesdays at 4:30P.M.
STEW G52 (Suite 050B), West Lafayette Campus. More information...