Apr 10, 1998
"Safety and Privacy on the Internet"
This talk will describe the steps the Federal Trade Commission has taken to deal with privacy and ethical issues on the Internet:
- Get a handle on the hottest issues in interactive marketing today
- Learn from SpectraCom's and Circle 1 Network's experiences with the FTC
- Hear about recently established industry guidelines and how they protect the privacy and safety of people on the Internet
- Review options and resources available to marketers and Internet users today
- Learn about the FTC's next steps
About the Speaker
Jorian is the founder and president of two fast-growing companies that explore two facets of the Internet - electronic marketing and Web publishing.
SpectraCom Inc., a Milwaukee-based electronic marketing and Web development firm, was founded in 1991 as a full-service market research firm. The company moved into interactive marketing and research with a specialization in the Internet in 1994.
Jorian also created The KidsCom Company, now known as Circle 1 Network. To reach the company's goal of giving kids, teens and parents a voice to the world and to each other, Jorian has helped lead the company in developing educational and entertaining sites with an international focus.
Prior to forming SpectraCom and the Circle 1 Network, Jori worked in advertising, corporate identity and market research. She earned her bachelor's of arts degree in sociology through the University of Wisconsin
Unless otherwise noted, the security seminar is held on Wednesdays at 4:30P.M.
STEW G52 (Suite 050B), West Lafayette Campus. More information...