The growing concerns for material resources, energy conservation and landfill capacity have aroused the attention of industries, governments and academia to the environmentally conscious development. This invited session aims at presenting the state-of-the-art and applications in this area, and bringing academy and industry practitioners to tackle difficult problems of international concerns.
Interested topics include (but not limited to):
- Life-cycle management
- Green engineering
- Material and products recovery
- Environmentally conscious design
- Recycling, Remanufacturing, and Disassembly Processes and Modeling
- Supply chain management
- Waste Management
- Economics of ECD and ECM
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Modeling
- Environmental implications of e-commence and logistics
- Market-based information tools for green procurement
- Enterprise integration and decision support
- Life-cycle assessment: case studies, streamlined methods, and data needs
- Industrial applications and case studies
- Sustainable engineering education
March 1, 2005: Deadline for submission of full papers
June 1, 2005: Acceptance/Rejection notification
July 1, 2005: Final camera-ready papers due in electronic form
Submission of papers: Submit your full paper through SMC05 on-line paper submission system and send its electronic copy via email to:
Prof. Ying (Gina) Tang, Ph.D.
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Rowan University, Glassboro, NJ 08028
Phone: (856)-256-5339; Fax: (856)-256-5242
Kurt A. Rosentrater, Ph.D.
USDA, ARS, NGIRL
2923 Medary Ave.
Brookings, SD 57006
Ph. (605) 693-3241; Fax (605) 693-5240