WISP in Conversations: Early Career Considerations
Thursday, April 29, 2021 Time: 7:00pm ET
- Juliette Stancil Intuit, Sr. Privacy Counsel, WISP Pipeline Lead
- Eman Abdel-Muhdi Abu Ishgair Purdue graduate student (ECE)
- Yansi Keim Purdue graduate student (Cyber Forensics)
- Kaitlyn Knabe Purdue undergraduate (Cybersecurity)
You're invited to join us for an engaging and interactive discussion about the career possibilities as a privacy and security professional. We'll discuss transitioning to your professional career in privacy and security, and what skills are helpful to succeed. This panel features two Purdue university students and a mid-career professional Women in Security and Privacy ("WISP") member.WELCOME: Kenesa Ahmad, Aleada Consulting partner and co-founder, WISP co-founder and board member
MODERATOR: Santiago Torres Arias, Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University
FORMAT: Panel discussion; Q/A
DURATION: 45 mins, 15 mins Q&A
- Tell us a little about your education and career trajectory and what you do now.
- Tell us why you chose a career in the privacy or security space?
- What skills are helpful for people considering careers in business/consulting/government/advocacy, etc.?
- What advice would you have for someone pursuing this career path?
- How do you find it navigating professional areas that are predominantly male, such as cybersecurity?
- What advice would you offer to other women considering a career in privacy or cybersecurity?
Additional information can be found at:WISP: https://www.wisporg.com/
Purdue WiCyS Chapter: https://wicyspurdue.wordpress.com/
Speakers / Panelists
Save the Date
Our annual security symposium will take place on October 19th & 20th, 2021.
Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN