Poster Session Date/Time/Location
Date: Wednesday, April 3rd, 2013
Time: 6:30pm - 9:00pm
Location: STEW 214
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: March 18th, 2013 at 5:00pm
CERIAS will print large, high-quality posters for the 2013 symposium poster session. These posters will be printed on a large-format ink jet printer and prepared for display. CERIAS will cover the cost of preparing the posters if you send the poster to us by the deadline. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of this offer. All posters submitted by the deadline will also be included in materials to be given to attendees and CERIAS staff will place your poster in the appropriate location prior to the session.
If you are planning an electronic presentation, please bring all your equipment, including a screen if needed. Indicate that you need electricity when you register as a presenter.
Please note the deadline for remitting your poster to us is March 18th, 2013 @ 5:00 p.m. This deadline is firm. If you fail to meet this deadline, your poster will not be included on the symposium materials, and you will need to create your poster with your own resources and deliver the poster to the designated poster session location by 9:30am on April 3rd, 2013
CERIAS will remove all posters from the room and store them following the session. Please contact us at any time if you wish to use the poster or keep it in your office or lab.
We ask that you follow these procedures and meet the deadlines:
Poster Submission Rules
We will only print posters that meet the following requirements:
- Posters must be 30.5” x 40” (30 and one half inches wide, 40 inches tall)
- Posters must use the template provided below.
- Template graphical elements (including the header and footer) may not be modified or obscured in any way.
- Posters must be provided either in PDF (preferred) or PowerPoint
- Posters must be submitted by March 18th, 2013 @ 5:00pm. Posters received after this deadline will not be accepted for printing but may still be presented at the Symposium Poster Session
A maximum of 2 posters can be created per presentation
- Finalize your presentation information and register as a presenter BEFORE submitting your poster. Put the poster ID key # you are given in the subject of your submission email. Poster submissions that do not include a poster ID key # will be rejected.
Each submission must include:
- The presentation title
- A short abstract
- A list of all authors/creators
- A list of all presenters who will attend the poster session (all of whom must register as presenters)
- A single person to be responsible for poster submission — multiple sources may result in confusion and lead to errors
Posters will be registered when you:
- Submit your poster and all related information at the same time
- Email your posters to email@example.com. Put your poster ID (provided when you register as a poster presenter) in the “Subject:” line of all email correspondence regarding this poster.
- Campus mail a printed copy of your poster (scaled down to 8.5”x11”) to Mike Focosi/CERIAS/REC, so that we can make certain no formatting is lost in transfer.
If the deadline is not met:
- Printing costs are the responsibility of the research project
- Never use text smaller than 24pt
- Use sans-serif fonts like Arial or Helvetica